Spider veins are smaller, red, purple, and blue vessels that also twist and turn. Spider veins are easily visible through the skin, as well. They are typically visible on the legs and face.
Causes of Varicose Veins and Spider Veins
A number of factors predispose a person to varicose veins and spider veins. These include:
- Occupations that involve a lot of standing, such as nurses, hair stylists, teachers, and factory workers
- Hormonal influences of pregnancy, puberty, and menopause
- The use of birth control pills
- Postmenopausal hormonal replacement
- A history of blood clots
- Conditions that cause increased pressure in the abdomen, such as tumors, constipation, and externally worn garments like girdles.
There are several methods to treat your spider veins
- Long Pulse YAG Laser